[Openstack-docs] [openstack/cinder] DocImpact review request change I3572e106eb4c794b08bf6f499e2da2d494c4072d

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Wed May 22 20:42:59 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/29159

Log:
commit 03e8b07988fb05384ef0fa6467153c8773d7ebf5
Author: Morgan Fainberg <m at metacloud.com>
Date:   Tue May 14 13:04:20 2013 -0700

    Make NFS share selection more intelligent.

    Make the NFS share selection more intelligent by using a used_ratio
    and oversub_ratio to determine the valid target.  The used_ratio
    is a hard-cap of maximum "actual" used space, oversub_ratio allows
    for oversubscription of the share based upon the apparant-allocated
    space for sparse files.

    Removed Options: nfs_disk_util

    New options added:
    * nfs_used_ratio:
        Float representation of the maximum allowed usage (e.g. 0.95
        calculated by available_space / total_space) before the share
        is no longer concidered a valid target.  Default: 0.95

    * nfs_oversub_ratio:
        Float representation of the oversubscriotion ratio allowed when
        utilizing sparse files (determined via "du").  This gets
        multiplied against the total_capacity before comparing the
        apparant space used by the backing volume files.  Default
        ratio is 1.0 (meaning reserved/allocated space cannot exceed
        total space available on the mount).

    DocImpact: New Configuration Options / Removal of Config Option

    bp nfs-share-selection-logic-improvement

    Change-Id: I3572e106eb4c794b08bf6f499e2da2d494c4072d