[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I13a40c7746f084250b3ad7c2e21900dcd8df666f

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Mon May 20 00:37:37 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/24177

Log:
commit df8c0aab78429ca3e754e70dc6ae7142c600b639
Author: Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com>
Date:   Wed Mar 13 01:06:35 2013 +1100

    Ensure we use just machine name for the host flag.

    DocImpact: Windows and Linux return different things for a call to
    socket.gethostname() (either FQDN or not). This method normalizes
    the output to make running mixed environments easier.

    The big goal here is to not changing the current default behaviour,
    whilst allowing deployments to do something different without
    having to set a customized flag on every machine. Therefore, the
    default value for the new hostname_length flag is "system", which
    will do whatever was happening before. If you want FQDNs, then you
    should change that flag to "full".

    Resolves bug 1055503.

    Change-Id: I13a40c7746f084250b3ad7c2e21900dcd8df666f