[Openstack-docs] some minor issues during ops-guide translation on Transifex

Akihiro MOTOKI amotoki at gmail.com
Mon May 13 22:28:38 UTC 2013

Hi Daisy,

2013/5/10 Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com>

>  Hi, Akihiro
>
> I believe it's a bug of my scripts, not Transifex.

When generating POT files, the library I used to covert XML to POT will
> remove the namespace prefix from xlink:href and xlink:title.
> In the script of generating docbook, I put the namespace prefix of "href"
> back, but forget to do the same change to "title".
>
> Now I fixed it: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/28713/.
> When the fix is approved, you can check out and try in your local machine.
> I tried in my machine, it works well.

Thanks for updating.
I tested with the new script (the above fix), but the situation does not
change.

The following is what I did:

  git clone https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals
   (commit cb12e6a4007ada5cd2f3137e98213fd421db09f8)
  cd openstack-manuals
  tx pull -f -l ja -r openstack-manuals-i18n.openstack-ops
  ./tools/generatedocbook -l ja -b openstack-ops

I pasted the detail result at http://paste.openstack.org/show/37218/
Since the result after generatedocbook still contains "xlink:href",
the script seems to look for msgid string with xlink:href. (If needed i can
test with title vs xlink:title)

As you mentioned xml2po in the previous mail, I am afraid xml2po or some
other po processing does not work as expected.
What is the distribution and gnome-doc-utils you are using?
My main environment is Debian wheezy and I got the same result on Ubuntu
12.04 LTS.

Thanks,
Akihiro

--