[Openstack-docs] Quantum Plugin Docs

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Sun May 12 01:39:19 UTC 2013

Joe:

I don't think any such source of information exists, you'd have to go
spelunking through the code to identify who uses what. The same issue
exists with nova.conf. I think in an ideal world, we would annotate each
config option with which service uses it (e.g., have a  "used_by" parameter
in the flag definition).

I suspect what nearly everyone does is reuse the same config file across
all nodes, modulo things like my_ip. That's certainly what I have always
done with nova.conf.

Lorin

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Joe Topjian <joe.topjian at cybera.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For the past few weeks, I've had my Puppet hat on and have been helping
> out with the Grizzly Puppet modules. In trying to update the modules to
> Grizzly, I found that Quantum posed the most troublesome part.
>
> I have file this doc bug which explains the problem that I see:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1179046
>
> If anyone could help with this, I'd really appreciate it. I know it sounds
> like such a simple thing (what option goes where?) but I haven't been able
> to find an existing definitive source of information for this. I also think
> there's still the possibility that I'm overlooking something extremely
> simple - in which case I'd be delighted!
>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>
> --
> Joe Topjian
> Systems Administrator
> Cybera Inc.
>
> www.cybera.ca
>
> Cybera is a not-for-profit organization that works to spur and support
> innovation, for the economic benefit of Alberta, through the use
> of cyberinfrastructure.

Lorin Hochstein
Lead Architect - Cloud Services
Nimbis Services, Inc.