[Openstack-docs] eliminate "trunk" use "current" instead?

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Mar 29 22:47:21 UTC 2013

Hi all,
Would you be okay if we stop using /trunk/ for the current "built from git"
versions of the documentation and copied the files to
docs.openstack.org/current instead? The word "trunk" is leftover from
bzr/Launchpad days of yore.

The tasks that have to happen for this to occur are:
- Change all the /trunk/ build jobs in openstack-infra/config to /current/
- Check all the pom.xml files for mentions of trunk
- Ensure that the sitemap.xml stored on the web server contains /current
links
- Ensure comments are turned off for /current just like they are for /trunk
- Change all the openstack-manuals/www/ pages to point to /current instead
of /trunk
- Change the Google Custom Search Engine from /trunk to /current (we hide
/trunk from the CSE searches)

Anything else? Warn the mailing list or get further input?

If no one objects by next Tuesday, I'll put this on my to-do list for next
week.

P.S. Note that this rename is similar to cutting a doc release, documented
here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/Release