[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I4ec111079f7a1d253190e6a6008048f992a53f68

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Sun Mar 10 16:47:18 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/23787

Log:
commit 32f09d9fae99389098f7d54ee0a170ad821a1c5c
Author: mathrock <nathanael.i.burton.work at gmail.com>
Date:   Wed Mar 6 16:28:50 2013 -0500

    Deprecate CONF.fixed_range, do dynamic setup

    Change the default value of CONF.fixed_range to None. If set to
    None, do dynamic fixed_range setup by pulling the networks that
    should exist on the host and making the appropriate calls to set up
    the NAT entries for each network. This allows for non-contiguous
    subnets to be configured in the fixed_ip space and only configures
    the NAT rules as they are needed. This also restricts the NAT range
    to the smallest range required preventing the NAT from impacting
    subnets that might exist on the external network.

    DocImpact: For backwards compatibility, Grizzly will still support
    the CONF.fixed_range option and if set will perform the default logic
    from Folsom and earlier releases. The intention is to remove the
    CONF.fixed_range option early in the Havana cycle.

    Change-Id: I4ec111079f7a1d253190e6a6008048f992a53f68
    Fixes: bug #741626 bug #966175