[Openstack-docs] DocImpact

Michael Still michael.still at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Jun 11 22:17:11 UTC 2013

On 12/06/2013, at 6:52 AM, Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com>
 wrote:

> Absolutely, and at the TC dinner in Portland, Michael Still was saying something very similar, that he'll down vote DocImpact patches that don't have all the configuration information spelled out in the commit message. I don't know how that's going in reality, though. But you are certainly in the right to do so, and it seems very legit from a documentor's perspective that you want more info. CCing Michael in case he has more input on how it's going, asking for info in commit messages.

I think the reality is that I'm pretty much the only one enforcing this at the moment… It might be worth taking it to the dev list and asking for more of a consensus. I don't think its a big ask or unreasonable -- its just a case of needing to educate people.

Cheers,
Michael