[Openstack-docs] Linking to external install guides

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Tue Jul 9 14:38:26 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Steve Gordon <sgordon at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

At the last design summit, we talked about the doc team no longer
maintaining any install documentation at all going forward, leaving that
entirely to downstream projects. I really do think that's the way we should
go. I'm hesitant to maintain docs on a fully manual install (i.e., from
source tarballs), since we really don't want people to do that.

It means that documentation on how to do an install won't exist until the
downstream projects write these up, but since we recommend installing from
downstream packages, I think that's unavoidable. Since we're seeing a lot
more support for OpenStack downstream these days, I think those projects
have more of an incentive to get their packages and docs ready ASAP after a
release.

Lorin

--
Lorin Hochstein