[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I041b5524f8a0ea59e89ece0202f0503abf2f9d8e

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Fri Jan 18 18:26:30 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/19408

Log:
commit 20fca1a2d75c2cd813245200c138df6e854b681b
Author: John Bresnahan <jbresnah at redhat.com>
Date:   Thu Jan 10 07:19:28 2013 -1000

    Directly copy a file URL from glance.

    That patch allows nova to use shutil to copy a file directly from the
    glance store.  For this to work glance needs to enable direct_url
    descriptions in the image metadata.  This is done by setting
    show_image_direct_url to True in glance-api.conf.  The path used to back
    glance also must match the path used to back nova instance storage.  This
    should be a large performance increase for the cases where both glance
    and nova instance storage are backed by a shared file system like gluster
    or ceph.

    A new option has been added to nova: allowed_direct_url_schemes
    This option is set to a list of schemes that can be directly accessed.
    For this first simple patch only file:// is valid, and the
    implementation is simple and inline.  In the future it would be better
    to make this into propagation modules which are dynamically loaded
    according to the scheme.

    DocImpact
    Implements: blueprint direct-file-copy
    Change-Id: I041b5524f8a0ea59e89ece0202f0503abf2f9d8e