[Openstack-docs] Disqus on all books?

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Dec 30 19:51:19 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Sean Roberts <seanrob at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> I tend to agree. Comments are more social, but quickly out of date. Bugs
> are actionable. If we should the link for an active bug against a page for
> the comments to be posted on launchpad, then that would be helpful.

That's what happens now, so I think we're good with the overall process:

1. For books that have a release URL, turn disqus comments and bug
reporting on.
2. For books without a release URL, ensure the bug reporting link is on.
3. If a comment is logged without a corresponding bug, manually log a doc
bug if needed.

>  *Sean Roberts*
> Infrastructure Strategy, Yahoo
> seanrob at yahoo-inc.com
> (925) 980-4729
>

>   On Monday, December 30, 2013 6:18 AM, Diane Fleming <
> diane.fleming at RACKSPACE.COM> wrote:
>   Now that David Cramer has implemented the "log a bug against this page"
> feature, I don't think we need disqus for these books.
>
> Disqus is not particularly useful (as far as I'm concerned!)
>

> Diane
> Diane Fleming
> Software Developer II - US
>
> diane.fleming at rackspace.com
> Cell  512.323.6799
> Office 512.874.1260
> Skype drfleming0227
> Google-plus diane.fleming at gmail.com
>

> On 12/30/13 4:19 AM, "Andreas Jaeger" <aj at suse.com> wrote:
>
> >I noticed that some of the manuals that we build from trunk do not have
> >disqus enabled:
> >* End User Guide
> >* Admin User Guide
> >* Cloud Administrator Guide
> >* Operations Guide
> >* Security Guide
> >* Virtual Machine Image Guide
> >* Training Guides
> >
> >Which of these should get disqus enabled?
> >
> >I can do the changes but like to know whether this is desired,
> >Andreas
> >--
> > Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica: jaegerandi
> >  SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
> >  GF: Jeff Hawn,Jennifer Guild,Felix Imendörffer,HRB16746 (AG Nürnberg)
> >    GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com