[Openstack-docs] translation plan

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Thu Dec 12 09:03:29 UTC 2013

On 12/12/13 16:56, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm from translation team. I'm going to pick one document and work on
> the translation in Icehouse development cycle.
>
> I think "Operation guide" is still the high priority. Yet it's for
> Folsom version.
> I heard that "Operation guide" is upgrading to new version now. Is that
> correct?
>
> Besides operation guide, do you have any good choices for translation
> team to work on in this development cycle?

Yes - the Operations Guide should have a new version in ~April.

Personally, I feel the Installation Guide is a good place to start. It's
only 20k words (around 1/3 what the operations guide was), and is
getting used quite a lot every day - in the English version, at least.

Alternately, there's also the security guide (37k words), which is
fairly stable now.

The other documents seem to be in a bit of 'flux'.

Regards,

Tom