[Openstack-docs] [Maintaining and revising Cloud Administrator Guide] Configuration Reference - Identity Service Chapter

Nermina Miller nerminamiller at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 07:02:23 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Right now I'm working with Sean and Pranav on bringing some Swift
information over from the Training Guide to the Cloud Admin Guide, but I've
also begun reviewing the Configuration Reference structure. I think it'd be
agile to work chapter by chapter, so here is the structure of the Identity
Service chapter with my notes for appropriation of each section:

Chapter 1. Identity Service

*Contents*
Identity Service configuration
files<http://docs.openstack.org/havana/config-reference/content/ch_configuring-openstack-identity.html#keystone-configuration-file>
Leave Table 1.1. keystone.conf file sections Move all of the other info to
Cloud Admin's Identity Service chapter
Certificates for
PKI<http://docs.openstack.org/havana/config-reference/content/ch_configuring-openstack-identity.html#certificates-for-pki>
PKI intro info is in the Security Guide. I recommend putting the intro in
the Common and reusing for all guides where it is needed.Move all of the
instructions to Cloud Admin Guide. Change Cloud Admin's chapter head from
Identity Management to Identity to match the other chapter names (i.e.,
Compute, and so on).
Configure the Identity Service with
SSL<http://docs.openstack.org/havana/config-reference/content/ch_configuring-openstack-identity.html#keystone-ssl-config>
Move to Cloud Admin Guide.
External authentication with the Identity
Service<http://docs.openstack.org/havana/config-reference/content/ch_configuring-openstack-identity.html#keystone-external-auth>
Move to Cloud Admin Guide.
Configure the Identity Service with an LDAP
back-end<http://docs.openstack.org/havana/config-reference/content/ch_configuring-openstack-identity.html#configuring-keystone-for-ldap-backend>
Move to Cloud Admin Guide.
Identity Service sample configuration
files<http://docs.openstack.org/havana/config-reference/content/ch_configuring-openstack-identity.html#sample-configuration-files>
Move to Cloud Admin Guide.

If you all are OK with this, I could go ahead and file a bug that modifies
the intro and makes these changes.

Thanks!

Nermina