[Openstack-docs] Setting WIP by core-reviewers?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Dec 5 00:50:01 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-04 21:05:12 +0100 (+0100), Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> During the review of creating openstack-doc-tools, I was asked whether
> we want to have the ability to allow core-reviewers to set
> Workinprogress on a patch.
[...]

Just a tip: if your core review team is struggling with an
overwhelming volume of outstanding changes, having the ability to
acknowledge that a contributor will definitely need to do more work
on one by setting it to WIP rather than merely expressing an opinion
on its readiness can be a great convenience to fellow reviewers. It
allows you to politely send the message that it needs additional
work while simultaneously removing it from the list of ready changes
until that happens. (Of course, you should still explain to the
contributor what needs doing; that goes without saying.)
--
Jeremy Stanley