[Openstack-docs] [Docs] Progress this week 9/6/12

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu Sep 6 21:01:25 UTC 2012

Hi all -
Here's the latest status on doc work ongoing. With all the interest
showed over the holiday weekend here in the states, I had expected a
few more patches to be submitted, but they didn't materialize. That
said, the Quantum team has a great draft going for a Quantum admin
guide, and we've had updates to the api.openstack.org site, so we keep
moving forward. Operator docs sorely needed!

1. In review and merged this past week:
Adds os-hypervisors doc for api site.
Cleanup on compute server create for api site.
Update os-networks extension document for api site.
Getting Started text updated for Folsom.
Old references to Austin, Bexar, Cactus, and Diablo releases removed.

2. High priority doc work:
There are still 22 doc bugs targeted for folsom and marked high -
please pick up a bug from this list:
https://launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+milestone/folsom
Many are Compute API related. I'd like to get the tested samples into
the api.openstack.org site, can someone help with that?

Also needed:
Migration information - even an outline of a known migration process
will be helpful.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1043032
Sample nova.conf files -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1041703

3. Doc work going on that I know of:
The Image API v2.0 draft is nearly complete with a doc build process
nearly complete to go with it.
Dan and the Quantum team are working on an admin guide for Quantum.
Object versioning and static web ready for merging into object-api.

4. New incoming doc requests:
Still need volume documents to go along with all the drivers. These
should go into the Compute Admin Manual in the openstack-manuals
repository.
Have asked Mirantis's Piotr to bring in his monitoring post about Compute.
Asked the CI team to set up a new openstack/volume-api repo so we can
put a spec document in it to document the Volume API beyond just
api.openstack.org.

5. Doc tools updates:
Working on lessening the image not found errors when building.

6. Other doc news:
Followed up with the Pearson editor to seek guidance on a CC license
for the operations manual. I expect an answer tomorrow so we can keep
moving forward on that book.