[Openstack-docs] New Disqus look, doc comments

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Jul 20 19:48:33 UTC 2012

Hi all -

You may have noticed that the "new-ish" RHEL and Ubuntu Install and
Deploy Guides have a slightly different display for the Disqus
Comments. For an example of the new comment UI, see [1].

I can go through all the Disqus shortnames (such as [openstackdocs])
and upgrade the comments to this newer display. Does that sound good
to you all?

For a little background, Disqus Identifiers are embedded into the
pom.xml file and the comments are inserted based on the xml:ID of each
section or chapter. I like to have a new Disqus shortname for each
book so that we can have moderators on the books they're most
interested in. The Disqus shortnames we have so far are:

openstackdocs (used for all admin guides)
os-identitydevguide
os-apiquickstart
os-computeapiprogrammer
openstack-ha-guide
os-install-yum
os-install-apt
openstackstarterdoc
os-quantum-guides

You can migrate comments from one xml:ID to another using the Disqus
comment migration tool.

I have added some of you as moderators on comments and would be happy
to add more - this lets you set up notifications for the comments as
you like them.

Let me know your thoughts on the new Disqus system so I can decide
whether we want to upgrade all our sites. When I requested new
shortnames for the new install/deploy guides, I got it automatically,
and it seems to be just fine.

Thanks for the input!
Anne

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/essex/openstack-compute/install/yum/content/compute-configuring-guest-network.html#comment-593425339