[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I5830388a894efce5b13680fc6916e0cd81a16624

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Tue Dec 4 05:01:08 UTC 2012

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/15831

Log:
commit c4604a61ae34c50dad7a27d5fe864ab8602ec2ef
Author: ivan-zhu <bozhu at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Date:   Wed Nov 21 15:37:52 2012 +0800

    Add agent build API support for list/create/delete/modify agent build

    This adds an extension that provides REST API for list/create/delete/
    modify agent build. The interface is accessed via

    GET /v2/{tenant_id}/os-agents
    PUT /v2/{tenant_id}/os-agents/id
    POST /v2/{tenant_id}/os-agents
    DELETE /v2/{tenant_id}/os-agents

    And this patch also create tests to get agent build API Samples.
    DocImpact
    Implements one workitem of blueprint apis-for-nova-manage

    The agent is talking about guest agent.The host can use this for
    things like accessing files on the disk, configuring networking,
    or running other applications/scripts in the guest while it is
    running. Typically this uses some hypervisor-specific transport
    to avoid being dependent on a working network configuration.
    Xen, VMware, and VirtualBox have guest agents,although the Xen
    driver is the only one with an implementation for managing them
    in openstack. KVM doesn't really have a concept of a guest agent
    (although one could be written).

    You can find the design of agent update in this link:
    http://wiki.openstack.org/AgentUpdate
    and find the code in nova.virt.xenapi.vmops.VMOps._boot_new_instance.
    In this design We need update agent in guest from host, so we need
    some interfaces to update the agent info in host.

    You can find more information about the design of the GuestAgent in
    the following link:
    http://wiki.openstack.org/GuestAgent
    http://wiki.openstack.org/GuestAgentXenStoreCommunication

    Change-Id: I5830388a894efce5b13680fc6916e0cd81a16624