[release] Release countdown for week R-1 Sept 25-29

Herve Beraud hberaud at redhat.com
Fri Sep 22 14:59:28 UTC 2023

Development Focus
-----------------

We are on the final mile of the 2023.2 Bobcat development cycle!

Remember that the 2023.2 Bobcat final release will include the latest
release
candidate (for cycle-with-rc deliverables) or the latest intermediary
release (for cycle-with-intermediary deliverables) available.

September 28, 2023 is the deadline for final 2023.2 Bobcat release
candidates
as well as any last cycle-with-intermediary deliverables. We will then
enter a quiet period until we tag the final release on  October 4, 2023.
Teams should be prioritizing fixing release-critical bugs, before that
deadline.

Otherwise it's time to start planning the 2024.1 Caracal development cycle,
including discussing Forum and PTG sessions content, in preparation of
the 2024.1 Caracal Virtual PTG (October 23-27, 2023).

Actions
-------

Watch for any translation patches coming through on the stable/2023.2
branch and merge them quickly. If you discover a release-critical issue,
please make sure to fix it on the master branch first, then backport the
bugfix to the stable/2023.2 branch before triggering a new release.

Please drop by #openstack-release with any questions or concerns about
the upcoming release !

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Final 2023.2 Bobcat release: October 4, 2023
2024.1 Caracal Virtual PTG: October 23-27, 2023
--
Hervé Beraud
Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat