[all][elections][tc] Technical Committee Election Results

Jay Faulkner jay at gr-oss.io
Thu Sep 21 15:50:05 UTC 2023

Tony and the rest of the election officials, thank you for the work putting
on the election.

I encourage everyone in the community -- if you're seeing this email and
didn't vote; take action *today* to ensure you'll be setup for the next
election. We had over 600 contributors in the Antelope development cycle;
only 309 of those were eligible to receive a ballot and only 51 of those
voted. Over the last year we've heard a number of stories about parts of
the OSS -- and cloud ecosystems getting less open. I appreciate that we
operate OpenStack under the four opens; but with that comes the
responsibility to participate in the processes that help ensure we remain
open.

All that is to say: the requirements to be eligible to vote are simple, and
are enumerated here: https://governance.openstack.org/election/#electorate
-- the hard part, contributing to OpenStack, most of you have already done!
Please don't find yourself in six months wondering why you weren't able to
vote again; let's get it knocked out today!

Thanks,
Jay Faulkner
TC Member
Ironic PTL