[barbican][cinder][tc] Business Software License in new Vault

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Sep 18 13:55:02 UTC 2023

On 2023-09-17 18:52:12 +0200 (+0200), Damian Bulira wrote:
> Recently Hashicorp changed their product licensing from MPL to
> BSL. Did any of you carry out research on the impact of this
> change in regard to using Vault as a backend in Barbican and/or
> Cinder for both private and public clouds? Any thoughts about
> that?

I brought it up last month in the #openstack-tc IRC channel, and
there was some brief discussion but nothing concrete:

https://meetings.opendev.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2023-08-10.log.html

If there are strong concerns, we do have an (infrequently-used)
mailing list for legal/licensing topics as well: