Nova conductor errors

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 07:34:14 UTC 2023

Hey,

We are aware of this issue happening on compute nodes, when some
instances have a lot of volumes attached. For this purpose we define
following variable:

nova_compute_init_overrides:
  Service:
    LimitNOFILE: 4096

Same thing happening on nova-conductor makes me think of this bug
related to heartbeat_in_pthread change[1][2]. IIRC, it was also able
to leak file descriptors, that you can see as "Too many open files"
error.
Though bugfixes were backported to Yoga from what I see. But you can
try adding "nova_oslomsg_heartbeat_in_pthread: False" to your
user_variables and re-run os-nova-install.yml playbook.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-ansible/+bug/1961603
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.messaging/+bug/1949964