No valid host was found. There are not enough hosts available

Brendan Shephard bshephar at redhat.com
Sun Sep 10 09:44:24 UTC 2023

Hey,

This is a scheduling issue. It means that Nova scheduler was unable to find any nodes matching the requirements for your VM.

You can enable debug in nova.conf and re-try. The scheduler debug logs will tell you which filter isn’t returning any hosts.

Some helpful info for you here:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/50447850
NoValidHost: No valid host was found. There are not enough hosts available
stackoverflow.com

Regards,

Brendan Shephard
Senior Software Engineer