[openstack-ansible] Dedicated gateway hosts not working with OVN

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 16:31:39 UTC 2023

Hey,

1. Sorry, my bad, was copying you from my phone, so the extra section (
container_skel) that is required has slipped my paste.
So /etc/openstack_deploy/env.d/nova.yml should look like this:
container_skel:
 nova_compute_container:
   belongs_to:
     - compute_containers
     - kvm-compute_containers
     - qemu-compute_containers
   contains:
     - neutron_sriov_nic_agent
     - neutron_ovn_controller
     - nova_compute
   properties:
     is_metal: true

2. Now I actually see more issues in defined openstack_user_config. I'm not
sure if that is the reason of the error or not, but it still must be
adjusted:
a) replace network_hosts with network-infra_hosts. Defining network_hosts
also adds infra servers to neutron_l3_agent (and other agents) which has in
fact no effect, but triggers a bug, where run_once is treated wrongly. But
this will cause failure down the line and I assume that's not it yet. You
might need to clean up inventory as a result.
b) also define network-northd_hosts - this usually is usually set to infra
nodes, and spawns inside LXC. I would also suggest to check out doc on OVN
configuration:
https://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ansible-os_neutron/latest/app-ovn.html
c) For the issue itself. Most likely, it is looking for `container_bridge`
or `host_bind_override` key for some network. As one of these keys are
expected in order to create a mapping and ovs bridges for you. It does
combine net_name and one of these keys. So it would be interesting to see
adjusted openstack_user_config once the above issues are sorted out.
I can also suggest defining mappings in neutron_provider_networks directly,
like mentioned in the documentation above.