[cinder][FFE] Granting FFE to features (8th September)

Rajat Dhasmana rdhasman at redhat.com
Fri Sep 1 11:47:16 UTC 2023

Hi All,

We had 6 feature requests during the 2023.2 (Bobcat) development cycle[1].
Few of the features had other patch dependencies amounting to significantly
more patches.
With limited review bandwidth, we were not able to review all the features
on time, hence I would like to grant FFE to the following listed features.

The reason so many changes are granted FFE are due to the following reasons:
* It has gone through iterations of updates and most of them has +2s so it
should just require another core to merge
* The response time for addressing review comments is fast which is a good
thing
* The changes are driver specific and isolated to a particular driver that
have been tested by the vendor team and third party CI

1. Fujitsu Driver: Add QoS support
Patch: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/847730

2. NetApp ONTAP: Added support to Active/Active mode in NFS driver
Patch: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/886869
Dependent patches:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/798384
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/889826

3. [NetApp] LUN space-allocation support for iSCSI
Patch: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/893106

4. [Pure Storage] Replication-Enabled and Snapshot Consistency Groups
Patch: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/891234

5. [HPE XP] Support HA and data deduplication
Patch: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/892608
Dependent patches:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/885986
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/879830
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/877672
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/891937

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cinder-2023.2-bobcat-features

The deadline after FFE is going to be 8th September, 2023 but we will try
to get the changes reviewed and merged at the earliest. Let me know if
there are any queries or concerns.

Thanks
Rajat Dhasmana