[tc] dropping python 3.8 support for 2024.1

Jay Faulkner jay at gr-oss.io
Wed Oct 11 19:40:52 UTC 2023

> Again, this is very low expectation on keeping/testing python3.8 which is
> to run the unit or functional tests so that we make sure we do not break
> installation or code error for python3.8. This is not very costly for
> upstream
> but a good help for users on older python.

I'm going to be honest; I find more to be a reason to drop it; not as a
reason to keep it. Taking on the downside of being stuck to python
3.8-supporting libraries without even gaining the upside of being able to
know that you can run a fully tested OpenStack on Python 3.8 doesn't seem
to be a good value to me.

Thanks,
Jay Faulkner

P.S. Apologies to those who got this twice; I didn't include the list the
first time.