[puppet] Openstack & puppet

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at binero.com
Mon Oct 9 13:46:35 UTC 2023

Hello Albert,

The Puppet OpenStack project is available and can be used but has a very low
amount of contributors and I would classify it being in a more maintenance state.

Takashi has been doing a lot of great work with cleanup, fixing bugs and making
sure a lot of the modules are up-to-date so it should be usable in it’s current state.

I think Julia is thinking mostly about it being used in the RedHat product before where
it mostly did configuration but it can be used to deploy all the software as well, but it’s
correct that it doesn’t handle the lifecycle of a OpenStack cluster for example upgrades.

We’d be happy to have more contributors for the project to keep it alive :)

You can also join our IRC #puppet-openstack on OFTC.

Best regards
Tobias