[nova][ptg] Today's agenda (Friday)

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Fri Mar 31 12:00:10 UTC 2023

Hey folks,

Today is our last vPTG day. The agenda is so :

13:00 UTC - 14:45 UTC :
* Users reported exhaustion of primary keys ('id') in some large tables
like system_metadata. How could we achieve a data migration from sa.Integer
to sa.BigInteger ?
* Should cold-migrate have a specific new policy like
os_compute_api:os-migrate-server:migrate-specify-host to accept non-admins
to migrate if they don't provide a host value ?
* Discuss the next steps with compute hostname robustification
* Disable compute services after being discovered
* Limited lower constraint job in nova and placement

14:45 UTC - 15:00 UTC : break

15:00 UTC - 17:00 UTC :
* Openstack server show command output (cross-project discussion with
openstackSDK contributors)
* Should we support dynamically disabling post copy live migration based on
vm_state is paused ?
* Evacuation with multiple allocations
* Bobcat proposed planning (cont.)
* trim support for virtio-blk feature or bug?

* Summit/PTG : what could we be doing for the physical PTG ? (if we have
time)

As a reminder, you can look at the topics here :
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/nova-bobcat-ptg#L426 and you can add your
IRC nick in the courtesy ping list if you want to be around.

Hope you had a good week and see you in an hour by now !

-Sylvain