Migration from linuxbridge to ovs

Luk skidoo at tlen.pl
Fri Mar 31 11:11:55 UTC 2023

Cześć,

> On 30/03/2023 12:10, Luk wrote:
>> Can You share some thoughts/ideas or some clues regarding migration from linux bridge to ovs ? Does this migration is posible without interrupting traffic from VMs ?

> I asked a similar questions back in August - https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-August/030070.html, maybe there are some insights there.

Thank You, this thread is quite good in this case :)

> We did not replace the SDN in place, but as actively looking into setting up a new cloud. Not that we do not believe in the idea of being able to replace the SDN,
> but we intend to change much much more and migrating through many big changes is too inefficient compared to replacing the cloud with a new one.

It looks the best way...

Anyway - there is chance to make live migration between lb and openvswitch, but need to add flows by hand and add proper tag into br-int - and this 'solution' works only for external/provider network. As Sławek pointed out - in case of vxlan connection there is no opportunity to connect neturon ovs controller with linuxbridge compute nodes.

--
Pozdrowienia,
 Lukasz