[kolla-ansible] deploy cinder and glance with multi-backend

wodel youchi wodel.youchi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 20:19:28 UTC 2023

Hi,

I need to deploy cinder and glance with multi-backend.

My experience for now is simple, my deployment is an HCI built on top of
ceph storage, and I am using it to store both cinder volumes and glance
images.

I have some questions if you can help:
- can multi-backend be deployed at first run with kolla-ansible, or do I
need to do at least two runs?

- reading the doc about multi-backend, I saw that the first backend is
specified, do I need to remove the creation of the first backend from
glabals.yml and put it in a configuration file cinder.conf and glance.conf?

In other words, do I have to create all the backends from the config files,
or can I still create the first one using globals.yml and the rest from the
config files?

I hope my question is clear.

Regards.