Migration from linuxbridge to ovs

Christian Rohmann christian.rohmann at inovex.de
Thu Mar 30 12:24:56 UTC 2023

On 30/03/2023 12:10, Luk wrote:
> Can You share some thoughts/ideas or some clues regarding migration from linux bridge to ovs ? Does this migration is posible without interrupting traffic from VMs ?

I asked a similar questions back in August -
https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-August/030070.html,
maybe there are some insights there.

We did not replace the SDN in place, but as actively looking into
setting up a new cloud. Not that we do not believe in the idea of being
able to replace the SDN,
but we intend to change much much more and migrating through many big
changes is too inefficient compared to replacing the cloud with a new one.

Regards

Christian