[neutron] BGP for self-service network

Deniz AYDIN posta at dnzydn.com
Wed Mar 29 17:13:25 UTC 2023

Hi,
I am looking for options for removing Layer-2 in the underlay as much as possible.

The features explained in the document, BGP floating IPs over L2 segmented network <https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/zed/admin/config-bgp-floating-ip-over-l2-segmented-network.html>, solve the problem for floating IPS where layer 2 is only needed between servers and rack switches.

Is there any specific reason that this feature is limited to floating IPS? As long as we have unique BGP next-hops defined for every DVR, it can also be used for advertising self-service networks /32 routes.

Thanks for the help

Deniz