[nova] openstack-tox-pep8 job broken, hold your rechecks

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 21:05:04 UTC 2023

Hey all,

Sending this to the ML to try to help others who may not have heard
about it yet. I didn't know about myself until I saw the job fail on a
random nova patch and I looked around to figure out why.

It looks like openstack-tox-pep8 is failing 100% in nova due to a newer
version of the mypy library being pulled in since a recent
upper-constraints bump:

   https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/requirements/+/872065

And the job isn't going to pass until the following fix merges:

   https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/878693

Finally, to help prevent a breakage for this in the future, a
cross-nova-pep8 job has been approved:

   https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/requirements/+/878748

and will be on its way to the gate once the aforementioned fix merges.

I'll post a reply to this email when it's OK to do rechecks again.

Cheers,
-melwitt