[Freezer] Restore action report ERROR can't delete temporary Image

Annie Liu(BJ-RD) AnnieLiu at zhaoxin.com
Tue Mar 28 09:21:16 UTC 2023

Hi All

My Cinder Backend is Ceph, and so is Glance. For backup and restore, I choose Cinder for mode and local for storage . When I restore a Cinder volume with Freezer, an ERROR reported related to deleting temporary Image failure, which makes the whole restore flow can't be completed.

2023-03-23 16:53:50.555 361 ERROR freezer.main [-] HTTP 409 Conflict: Image 8af4be3f-2e7a-4965-8b34-74e610a89a3e could not be deleted because it is in use: The image cannot be deleted because it is in use through the backend store outside of Glance.: HTTPConflict: HTTP 409 Conflict: Image 8af4be3f-2e7a-4965-8b34-74e610a89a3e could not be deleted because it is in use: The image cannot be deleted because it is in use through the backend store outside of Glance.

According to Cinder source code, the volume created from Image is a child of the Image, since it is made by clone which means it doesn't copy volume data at first. In other words, the Image is its parent holding the real data, and that's why deleting is failed.

My question is, is this a general issue for other storage solution? Is there any opportunity to fix it? For example, do a flatten immediately after create volume from Image?

Thanks.

Beat Regards, Annie Liu

?????
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
This email contains confidential or legally privileged information and is for the sole use of its intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use, copying or forwarding of this email or the content of this email is strictly prohibited.