[horizon][nova][masakari] Instances created with "Any AZ" problem

Nguyễn Hữu Khôi nguyenhuukhoinw at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 11:11:17 UTC 2023

Hello guys.
I playing with Nova AZ and Masakari

https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/admin/availability-zones.html

Masakari will move server by nova scheduler.

Openstack Docs describe that:

If the server was not created in a specific zone then it is free to be
moved to other zones, i.e. the AvailabilityZoneFilter
<https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/admin/scheduling.html#availabilityzonefilter>
is
a no-op.

I see that everyone usually creates instances with "Any Availability Zone"
on Horzion and also we don't specify AZ when creating instances by cli.

By this way, when we use Masakari or we miragrated instances( or evacuate)
so our instance will be moved to other zones.

Can we attach AZ to server create requests API based on Any
Availability Zone to limit instances moved to other zones?

Thank you. Regards

Nguyen Huu Khoi