[TripleO] Last maintained release of TripleO is Wallaby

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Mar 24 17:00:17 UTC 2023

 ---- On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 09:48:14 -0700  James Slagle  wrote ---
 > On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 1:09 PM Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote:
 > >
 > > Hi James, TripleO team,
 > >
 > > Is there anyone volunteering to be PTL for train and wallaby maintenance? Please note we need PTL
 > > as it is deprecated (wallaby is maintained), and we have tripleo in leaderless projects
 > > - https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/2023.2-leaderless
 >
 > It doesn't look like we have any other volunteers, so I'm willing to
 > do it. At the last PTG, we discussed and it was agreed that we would
 > switch TripleO to the distributed project leadership model. However,
 > given the drastic change in our focus, I personally think it makes
 > more sense to continue with the PTL model for train/wallaby stable
 > maintenance. I would ask any project members to reply here with +1/-1
 > to indicate agreement.

Thanks, James, for volunteering. I think if you were thinking of the DPL model, then it will
work better than PTL here. 1. You might get more people helping you with a distributed amount
of work 2. we do not need to have PTL nomination/appointment work in every cycle until you
want to maintain train/wallaby.

If it is ok, let's move it to the DPL model, which satisfies the governance requirement.

-gmann