[openstack][masakari] Ask about Masakari segment

Rob Jefferson techstep at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 15:00:30 UTC 2023

On Sun, Mar 19, 2023 at 8:32 AM Nguyễn Hữu Khôi
<nguyenhuukhoinw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello guys.
> I want to ask if I create two Masakari segments then instances will failover on only segment has a group of computes? Because I do test with this scenario, my instance failover on a different segment  which has different compute hosts? Do I understand Masakari wrong?

I would check which recovery method you're using.

If you have two failover segments, and you set the recovery method to
`reserved_host`, the failover will happen on a node in the non-active
segment. If you set the method to `rh_priority`, it will try that
first, but then attempt fall back on a machine in the active segment.

If you want to recover on a host in the *same* segment (possibly the
same host), use `auto` or `auto_priority` as the recovery method.

Rob