[manila] create snapshot from share not permitted

Alvaro Soto alsotoes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 22:45:04 UTC 2023

If you are inside this features support matrix

https://docs.openstack.org/manila/latest/admin/share_back_ends_feature_support_mapping.html#share-back-ends-feature-support-mapping

Examine your configuration as well:

   -

   snapshot_support indicates whether snapshots are supported for shares
   created on the pool/backend. When administrators do not set this capability
   as an extra-spec in a share type, the scheduler can place new shares of
   that type in pools without regard for whether snapshots are supported, and
   those shares will not support snapshots.

https://docs.openstack.org/manila/latest/admin/capabilities_and_extra_specs.html

Cheers!

--

Alvaro Soto

*Note: My work hours may not be your work hours. Please do not feel the
need to respond during a time that is not convenient for you.*
Great people talk about ideas,
ordinary people talk about things,
small people talk... about other people.