[manila] Share configuration with cinder as a backend

Jan Wasilewski finarffin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 12:51:45 UTC 2023

Hi,

I am looking for instructions on how to configure a Manila service with
Cinder as a backend. I have gone through the
https://github.com/openstack/manila/blob/master/doc/source/configuration/shared-file-systems/drivers/generic-driver.rst
page, and I am wondering if someone has a link to a preconfigured "golden
image" that can be used as a service_image. Additionally, I am wondering if
this configuration can be used with driver_handles_share_servers=True
(generally, I see that both options are supported here), but are there any
specific limitations?

I have already configured other backends (standalone ZFS, NFS, and Huawei
driver), but I would like to test share snapshot retrieval using Cinder as
a backend. Unfortunately, as I see, Cinder is not as straightforward as
other backends(or no one is using it), which is why I am asking for some
hints.

Thanks in advance
/Jan