[openstack-helm] Get rid of cephfs and rbd provisioners

Vladimir Kozhukalov kozhukalov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 21:07:06 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,

I would like to suggest getting rid of cephfs and rbd provisioners. They
have been retired and have not been maintained for about 2.5 years now [1].
I believe the CSI approach is what all users rely on nowadays and we can
safely remove them.

The trigger for this suggestion is that we are currently experiencing
issues while trying to switch cephfs provisioner to Ubuntu Focal and fixing
this is just wasting time. [2] Stephen spent some time debugging the issues
and can give more details if needed.

What do you think?

[1] https://github.com/kubernetes-retired/external-storage/tree/master/ceph
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/openstack-helm-infra/+/872976