[release] Release countdown for week R-9, Jul 31-Aug 04

Elõd Illés elod.illes at ericsson.com
Thu Jul 27 15:00:18 UTC 2023

General Information
-------------------

The following cycle-with-intermediary deliverables have not done any
intermediary release yet during this cycle. The cycle-with-rc release
model is more suited for deliverables that plan to be released only once
per cycle.

As a result, we have detected that the following deliverables could be
good candidates for a release model change:

    bifrost
    ironic-prometheus-exporter
    ironic-python-agent-builder
    ironic-ui
    networking-baremetal
    networking-generic-switch
    python-openstackclient
    swift

PTLs and release liaisons for each of those deliverables should propose
an intermediary release for their deliverables. If PTLs or release
liaisons think that any of the deliverables should change to cycle-with-rc
model then let us know and a patch needs to be created for the model change.

We also published a proposed release schedule for the upcoming
2024.1 Caracal cycle. Please check out the separate thread:

https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2023-July/034555.html

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Non-client library freeze: August 24th, 2023 (R-6 week)
Client library freeze: August 31st, 2023 (R-5 week)
Bobcat-3 milestone: August 31st, 2023 (R-5 week)
Final 2023.2 Bobcat release: October 4th, 2023

Előd Illés
irc: elodilles @ #openstack-release