[cinder][all][tc] Cinder to EOL all EM branches

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jul 26 17:18:29 UTC 2023

On 2023-07-26 17:11:07 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> once normal maintenance ends for a branch it is renamed to
> unmaintained/.*
[...]

Just to correct my own phrasing here, it's technically not
"renaming" the branch since Git doesn't have the concept of remote
branch rename tracking. As I state correctly later in my reply, it's
actually deletion of the stable branch and creation of a new
unmaintained branch with the same history. Git clients will see the
old branch cease to exist on the remote, and the appearance of a new
branch which they can choose to checkout/track/pull if they wish.
--
Jeremy Stanley