TripleO deployment over IPV6

Kushagr Gupta kushagrguptasps.mun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 10:59:14 UTC 2023

Hi Team,

We were trying to perform IPV6-based deployment of TripleO.
We are following the link:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_openstack_platform/16.0/html/bare_metal_provisioning/sect-deploy#sect-example-templates

As per our environment, we set the "ipv6_address_mode" to "dhcpv6-stateful"
and tried undercloud deployment. It was successful.

But when we try node introspection, openstack is not providing an IP that
will be used for PXE booting the system. We have enabled PXE booting on the
IPV6 network.
On Dell machines, we get the following error:
"PXE-E16: No offer received."

For your reference, the undercloud file which we used is attached.
We also tried to find the communication happening on the br-ctlplane
interface when the machine tries to boot over IPV6 PXE boot. I am attaching
those tcpdump records as well. We are unable to find the MAC address of our
machines.

*Questions:*
1. Is it even possible to perform tripleO deployment with IPV6?
2. Do we need to do some extra settings, so that our baremetal machines can
be PXE booted?

Thanks and Regards