[all] [oslo.messaging] Interest in collaboration on a NATS driver

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at binero.com
Fri Jul 21 21:29:37 UTC 2023

Hello,

And just to iterate on this, just look at the code duplication (double the maintenance for an async and sync with eventlet code path).
<https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:asyncio-nats>
review.opendev.org<https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:asyncio-nats>
        [favicon.ico] <https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:asyncio-nats>

We’d need to duplicate oslo.service, oslo.messaging and all other common libraries being called in a asyncio code path, and not only
that we’d need to consolidate everyone on a Pecan (REST API library) replacement that would support asyncio (a new oslo library?) and
just imagine that migration and consolidation effort for multiple projects.

Even then we’d also need to port every single project to using it without regressions in performance.

It’s a crazy massive effort, but I fully agree that eventlet should have been gone long ago.

Best regards
Tobias