[OSA][NEUTRON] DHCP port IP

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 02:08:14 UTC 2023

If the thing that concerns you is that DHCP consumes gateway IP, you should
define your gateway when creating the subnet with --gateway option [1].

Also I *think* that if you define --allocation-pool while creating subnet,
DHCP server will obtain IP within this pool, but I'm not 100% sure now, as
I had such setup years ago.

If you are disabling DHCP, then ensure your VMs will use config-drives for
metadata instead of fetching it through the network. For that you will need
to supply an option while creating the VM

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/python-openstackclient/latest/cli/command-objects/subnet.html#cmdoption-openstack-subnet-create-gateway