[OPENSTACK][rabbitmq] using quorum queues

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 10:37:41 UTC 2023

> > 2. In OpenStack-Ansible we already agreed on the latest PTG to make
> > Quorum queues a new default and introduce migration to them. So it
> > should be inlcuded in 2023.2 (bobcat) release, with keeping the
> > upgrade path at very least to 2024.1 which will be the next SLURP.
>
> Do you have a pointer to those efforts for me to follow? A Gerrit topic
> or bug?

Sure, you can follow this topic:
https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:osa%252Fquorum_queues

I haven't used <rabbit_transient_quorum_queue> as it's not merged yet
in oslo (and I was unaware of this patch).
So it sounds like it is worth waiting for it before proceeding with the topic.

> [1]
> https://www.rabbitmq.com/migrate-mcq-to-qq.html#mcq-changes-way-queue-is-used
> which
> [2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/oslo.messaging/+/888479
> [3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/oslo.messaging/+/888479

PS: your [2] and [3] links are exactly the same.