[cinder][all][tc] Cinder to EOL all EM branches

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 18:01:57 UTC 2023

On 7/6/23 1:05 PM, Nikolla, Kristi wrote:
[snip]
> As a courtesy to allow the TC to provide a resolution with coordinated guidelines for EOL-ing branches across projects, we please ask that you wait until the end of July at the latest.
[snip]

This seems reasonable to me.  The Cinder project has announced its
intentions, namely, that we will not fix the gates for any of the
branches currently in EM, and that the EOL tags will (eventually) be
made at the hashes indicated in the proposed release patches:

https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:cinder-eol-june2023

If anyone in the wider OpenStack Community has a desire to have
backports merged into these branches, or to keep these branches open
longer, now would be a good time to step up and do all appropriate work
to make that happen.

cheers,
brian