Node provision | stuck in black screen after kernel selection window | Wallaby

Swogat Pradhan swogatpradhan22 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 06:30:39 UTC 2023

Hi,
I am trying to provision a new compute node in my central site using the
director node that I have already used to deploy multiple sites compute,
ceph along with central compute, ceph and controller nodes.

For adding the new node, I introspected the node, setup capabilities then
ran the node provision command.

But it is failing at growfs step as the node is not reachable after booting.
ERROR: [WARNING]: Unhandled error in Python interpreter discovery for host
overcloud-
novacompute-4: Failed to connect to the host via ssh: ssh: connect to host
172.25.201.93 port 22: No route to host
2023-07-06 01:28:38.370427 | 48d539a1-1679-0502-e4b9-000000000017 |
UNREACHABLE | Find the growvols utility | overcloud-novacompute-4

After logging into the console of the bare metal server, I found that the
OS is not coming UP. I see the bootloader screen, it selects the centos 1st
kernel and then goes into black screen. I don't know why it is happening or
how to fix it.

I thought maybe there was some hardware issue, but i tried installing
centos manually and i am getting the console output, without any issues.

But for some reason the os is not booting up after the bootloader kernel
window and the console is getting stuck in black screen.

Can someone please help?

With regards,
Swogat Pradhan