[cinder][all] Cinder to EOL all EM branches

Rajat Dhasmana rdhasman at redhat.com
Wed Jul 5 13:17:18 UTC 2023

Hi All,

This is a followup to my last email[1] where a lot of discussion happened
around the nature of EM branches and was/is it a successful model or not.

This was also discussed during the Vancouver summit + PTG event and also
recently in the TC meeting concluding that we will start a discussion again
on
ML regarding the EM model.

However, my original intent of the mail was not to start a wider discussion
about
the EM model (which is a good discussion but not my intent) but a way to
take
feedback on Cinder team's decision to EOL the current EM branches and if it
affects any operators, vendors etc.

This mail is another reminder and a way to acquire more feedback on the
above
decision so the Cinder team can plan the process accordingly. We already
have
patches proposed to EOL all EM branches[2].

[1]
https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2023-June/033980.html
[2] https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:cinder-eol-june2023

Thanks