[cinder][drivers] new driver merge freeze question

Rajat Dhasmana rdhasman at redhat.com
Mon Jul 3 20:35:22 UTC 2023

Hi,

Thank you for proposing the driver. I've added it to the list of current
drivers[1]
for 2023.2 Bobcat cycle.
Currently I can see that the patch is failing on multiple jobs i.e. pep8,
unit, docs,
grenade etc which needs to be fixed. Also the third party CI is failing as
you have
already mentioned.
We can push for reviews but ideally the gate should be passing and the CI
should
be ready which is a bare minimum for the driver to be reviewed.
I will mention this driver in our weekly cinder meeting on Wednesday, 1400
UTC
on #openstack-meeting-alt channel, feel free to attend the meeting on IRC.

Regarding the deadline, it can be extended given the driver is almost ready
and
might only require minor/cosmetic changes. Also the extension provided is
also
for a limited time frame (had been 1 week in the past) so the driver should
be
ready in 1 extra week given the exception is provided.

Currently I would recommend fixing the gate jobs and getting the third
party CI
working so it is easier to push for reviews.

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cinder-2023-2-bobcat-drivers

Thanks
Rajat Dhasmana