How to create a dynamic pollster subsystem to create a pollster for senlin cluster

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Jan 27 15:24:20 UTC 2023

On 1/25/23 10:04, Uday Dikshit wrote:
> Hello Team
> We are a public cloud provider based on Openstack.
> We are working to create Autoscaling with aodh and senlin in
> Kolla-ansible Openstack Wallaby release. We are facing an issue as
> ceilometer does not support metrics for senlin cluster as a resource.
> Our aim is to use
> https://docs.openstack.org/ceilometer/wallaby/admin/telemetry-dynamic-pollster.html <https://docs.openstack.org/ceilometer/wallaby/admin/telemetry-dynamic-pollster.html> to generate a pollster to collect data for senlin. We were looking if anybody in the community has ever used this feature.

Hi,

Not only we use that feature in production, but I also used the dynamic
pollster stuff on the compute pollster using the command-line thingy.
The result is this project:

https://salsa.debian.org/openstack-team/services/ceilometer-instance-poller/

You can also read bits of docs of OCI about it:
https://salsa.debian.org/openstack-team/debian/openstack-cluster-installer#configuring-a-custom-metric-and-billing

I hope this helps. If you need more help, please do reply ...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)