[osprofiler][neutron] Why there's no `profiler` section for neutron.conf?

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 07:47:28 UTC 2023

Hi,

Dnia wtorek, 28 lutego 2023 03:39:23 CET hai wu pisze:
> There is this `profiler` section for osprofiler for
> nova.conf/glance-api.conf/cinder.conf/keystone.conf.
>
> But there's no such section for neutron.conf, why? I could not find
> this section in even the latest neutron.conf document.
>
> Thus I could not get `openstack network list --os-profile MY_KEY_HERE` to work.

maybe it's not documented (and that would be bug worth reporting) but You can use it with neutron for sure. We are doing that e.g. in neutron-ovs-rally-task CI job. See neutron config example from that job [1]. And result of profiling is then in the rally page [2] in the "Scenario Data" tab.

[1] https://a5ee3d263fc9f9b0b1b0-8b0899cb6c8c0582fa25b52fb6031f3e.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/874931/1/check/neutron-ovs-rally-task/e29e551/controller/logs/etc/neutron/neutron_conf.txt
[2] https://a5ee3d263fc9f9b0b1b0-8b0899cb6c8c0582fa25b52fb6031f3e.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/874931/1/check/neutron-ovs-rally-task/e29e551/results/report.html#/NeutronNetworks.create_and_bind_ports/output

--
Slawek Kaplonski